Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
To ensure the chicken is nicely chargrilled on the outside, and moist and tender on the inside, preheat the grill pan until hot, then reduce the heat to medium as you add the chicken. From Cosmopolitan.
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 pinch of dried red chili pepper flakes
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 grated lemon, juice and rind of
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- diced tomatoes, to serve
- steamed couscous, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, honey and chili flakes in a shallow dish, add the whole chicken breasts, cover and marinate for as long as possible.
- Cook the chicken in a preheated ridged grill pan for 8 minutes on each side, until charred and cooked through. Wrap in foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to infuse. Strain the marinade juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat but keep warm.
- Serve the chicken with the couscous tossed with diced tomato and top with the salsa and the marinade sauce.