1/3 Photos of Chargrilled Asparagus & Spring Onions With Chive Flowers
French Tart's Note:
My recipe for Chargrilled Asparagus & Spring Onions with Chive Flowers is simple and yet a painting on the plate with its mauve chive flowers, grass green asparagus and spring onion stems. It is the perfect accompaniment to any grilled meats or fish, especially salmon, and also makes a wonderfully tactile summer “sharing platter” for an “al fresco” lunch or supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a griddle pan over a very high heat and add the olive oil – place the asparagus spears & spring onions in the pan, being careful that the oil does not spit and burn you.
- 2Cook for 2 to 4 minutes on one side, depending on the thickness and then turn over and continue to cook for a further 2 to 4 minutes. You are aiming for charred, but not burnt!
- 3Just before the end add the Balsamic vinegar and a little more oil if needed.
- 4Serve straight away with chopped fresh chives and chive flowers sprinkled over the top, and a lemon wedge per serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chargrilled Asparagus & Spring Onions With Chive Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g