Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy Italian starter. If you want to go fancy, wrap little bunches of the cooked asparagus in parma ham!
- 24 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- Remove woody ends of asparagus.
- Toss asparagus in a bowl with olive oil.
- Heat a griddle, or barbeque and cook the asparagus for about 10 minutes, until al dente.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with parmesan shavings to serve.
Very easy, basic recipe. This was most likely our last grilled asparagus of the year (it was COLD at that grill! :) ) and glad we had this one. We both thought the cheese was not needed, or perhaps it should have been grated instead of shaved, but that didn't detract from the overall recipe. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.