Prep 45 mins
Cook 22 mins
The recipe is from the 'Thursday' magazine(the local magazine here). Its a part of a contest currently going on and this recipe was submitted by Salma Ali Khan. She won 50 dollars for this one! There was a request on the Boards for fried chicken and so, here it is! ENJOY!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 kg whole skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ajwain, powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon raw papaya (ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring
- oil, for frying
- Make 2 deep slits on each side of the chicken.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture evenly on the chicken.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Then place the chicken in a pan.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the chicken on each side on low heat for about 2 minutes or until very light brown.
- Serve hot with fresh salad and mint chutney.