Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy dish from Light Meals in Minutes.
Make and share this Chardonnay Chicken and Grapes on Minted Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces seedless grapes
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Minted White and Wild Rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup rice long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- In medium bowl, combine chicken and grapes.
- In small bowl, mix wine, ginger, garlic, onion, cumin, salt, coriander, mustard and pepper.
- Add to chicken mixture; mix well.
- Marinate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Minted White and Wild Rice; keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade and grapes.
- Cut chicken breasts into 3/4-inch wide strips; pat dry with paper towels.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes, or until browned, turning often.
- Add marinade and grapes to skillet; cook 5 minutes longer, or until chicken is done.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil until sauce thickens slightly.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture over rice.
- Garnish with fresh mint springs.
- MINTED WHITE AND WILD RICE:.
- In medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth, pepper and 1 cup water to a boil.
- Add rice; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in chopped mint; mix well.