Recipe by Jane Shaddix
I was given this recipe ages ago and have 'twicked" it by using wine instead of beer. My family loves it and asks for it often.
- skinless chicken breast
- Worcestershire sauce
- zatarain's creole seasoning
- butter, pats
- onion, sliced
- meat tenderizer
- thyme (crushed)
- Chardonnay wine (I used Ernest & Julio Gallo)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle each breast with Worcestershire sauce (to taste).
- Top with the following:.
- Meat Tenderizer.
- Zatarain's Creole Seasoning (to taste).
- Place an onion slice on each breast along with a pat of butter.
- Pour wine to side of each breast, I usually pour enough wine around to half submerge each piece.
- Bake at 350 oven until chicken is tender/done.
- About 30 minutes.
- "Broth"can be used as a gravy for creamed potatoes.
- Serve with broccoli/cheese& creamed potatoes.
- My kids love it!