I am just jotting down ideas here. I will edit it once I have experimented.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups swiss chard (large whole fresh leaves, about10)
- 454 g Yve's veggie ground round (1 pkg)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Wash and destem the chard leaves; cut into roughly 5" pieces.
- 2Mix veggie ground round, spices, and cheese.
- 3Taste and adjust as you like.
- 4Bear in mind the rice will soak up some flavour and the broth will add salt and acidity. When you are happy, stir in the raw rice.
- 5Make little logs of filling on your chard leaves about 2" by 3/4".
- 6Roll up like an egg roll (log goes diagonal, fold in 3 sides and roll).
- 7Place seam side down in a large pot, pack in tightly. Make 2 layers if needed but you don't want them rattling around and unrolling.
- 8Cover with broth (you may not need all the broth, you may need more), and lemon juice.
- 9Cover and bring just to a boil.
- 10Simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- 11Remove dolmades from liquid and serve with tzatziki.
- 12Serve broth on it's own or make into lemon drop soup if desired. Can also be used as the liquid for grains or frozen for future use.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chard Wrapped Vegetarian Dolmades
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Yve's veggie ground round
vegetarian chicken broth