Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am just jotting down ideas here. I will edit it once I have experimented.
- 2 cups swiss chard (large whole fresh leaves, about10)
- 454 g Yve's veggie ground round (1 pkg)
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash and destem the chard leaves; cut into roughly 5" pieces.
- Mix veggie ground round, spices, and cheese.
- Taste and adjust as you like.
- Bear in mind the rice will soak up some flavour and the broth will add salt and acidity. When you are happy, stir in the raw rice.
- Make little logs of filling on your chard leaves about 2" by 3/4".
- Roll up like an egg roll (log goes diagonal, fold in 3 sides and roll).
- Place seam side down in a large pot, pack in tightly. Make 2 layers if needed but you don't want them rattling around and unrolling.
- Cover with broth (you may not need all the broth, you may need more), and lemon juice.
- Cover and bring just to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove dolmades from liquid and serve with tzatziki.
- Serve broth on it's own or make into lemon drop soup if desired. Can also be used as the liquid for grains or frozen for future use.