1/1 Photo of Chard and White Bean Soup
Hey Jude's Note:
A steamy bowl of this on a cold, rainy day is SO comforting. I serve this with crusty bread and a simple salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices smoked bacon, diced fine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch red swiss chard or 1 bunch white swiss chard
- 1/4 cup dried tiny pasta, such as pastina
- 5 -6 large fresh sage leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Combine bacon, onion, garlic, nutmeg and red pepper flakes in a 4-qt saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken broth and white beans, increase heat to high; cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Cut chard stems into 3/4-inch slices.
- 4Cut leaves in half lengthwise, stack, and cut crosswise into 1-inch ribbons.
- 5Add chard stems and pasta when soup boils.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 minutes.
- 7Add chard leaves; simmer until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Add sage; remove from heat.
- 9Ladle soup into 4 bowls and drizzle with olive oil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chard and White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 210.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red swiss chard
fresh sage leaves