Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The sauce is what really make this dish. And it's quick.
- 2 slices center-cut smoked ham, fully-cooked
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Score ham 1/4 inch deep in diamond pattern.
- Combined sugar, horseradish, and lemon juice and bring to boil, sitrring constantly.
- Place ham on grill 3 inches from coals.
- Cook 15 minutes each side, basting frequently.
Yum! This was really simple and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Congrats again on your football win!
DH could live on ham and he loved this ham steak. While grilling he was basting enough that the flavor was perfect for us. Anyone who likes ham should give this recipe a try. Made and reviewed for Family Picks during ZWT8.
Since I had thinner ham slices, I made less of the glaze. I used half a cup of brown sugar and about 1/8 cup of lemon juice. And 1 big tablespoon of horseradish. Great taste. It goes so well with the ham. Thanks Maryland Jim :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives