Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From a great restaurant in New Orleans. Great dish. Can be broiled in the oven but are much better and more dramatic on the grill. Prep time does not include time to shuck the oysters :)
- 32 oysters, on the half shell
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (not from a can!)
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- Heat the grill to med-high.
- Melt butter with garlic and pepper in a large skillet.
- Mix Parmagiano and Romano cheeses in a small bowl.
- Spoon some of the melted butter mixture onto each oyster.
- Add a pinch of the combined cheese to each oyster, add a pinch of parsley.
- Place oysters on the grill.
- Grill oysters until they are hot, bubbly and puffed, about 8 minutes.
Awesome! Almost identical to the original!
A wonderful recipe!My sister-in-law makes this every time we have a family get together.It is always a hit.We are from NewOrleans & I can tell you that this tastes just like Drago's dish.It is wonderful served with fresh french bread for dipping!
There are so easy to make and are fantastic. Highly recommended.