Top Review by Chef 920429
In my area I can't get scallops in their shells,so I used large scallops(16)I think the servings is off on this recipe.With doubling the recipe I ended up with 3 servings.2 scallops per person dosen't seem enough for a meal,maybe for a appetizer.I would cut the lemon juice in half,just my personal preference.
- 8 fresh scallops, removed from their shell
- 2 fluid ounces olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops and mix well.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the bowl, reserving the marinade, and place in a well-oiled hinged basket.
- Alternative, thread the scallops onto skewers.
- Cook over hot coals for 8-10 minutes, turning from time to time and basting with the remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately.