Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Cate's World Kitchen
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut the pork into slices about 1/2″ to 1″ thick.
- Prick all over both sides with a fork.
- Line a roasting pan with foil. Place the pork in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate 2 to 4 hours.
- Heat the oven to 450°F
- Place the roasting pan on a rack in the middle and roast for about 25 minutes.
- Turn the meat over and baste every 5 to 6 minutes.
- If the sauce dries out, add some boiling water to the pan.
- Some of the sauce may burn in the pan, but the meat should be fine.
- Check for doneness by removing one piece of pork and slicing in the middle to see if it is cooked through.
- Remove from the pan to cool.