Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork butt, cut in thick strips
- 1⁄2 cup red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cups honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- Pour food coloring over pork strips, one by one, rubbing color into pork.
- Mix other ingredients and marinade pork in it for 1-2 days.
- Broil for 1 1/2 hours on lower rack.
AWESOME recipe. Simple and authentic tasting. To the other reviewer who gave the unnecessary 1-star rating - you stated the meat came out dry. Try baking in an oven (convection if you have it) and place the meat on a cookie sheet. Add water to the bottom of the pan below the cookie sheet (or in a separate pan if you are putting it on a baking pan) to keep moisture in the oven. Cooking only takes 30-45 minutes if you slice it thin enough. AWESOME recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Within 20 minutes the pork was almost completely burned in the oven. The marinade is good but the instructions to cook the meat is completely off. Don't try this one at one folks!