Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
more lamb cutlets
- 8 about 450g lamb cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- 1 (240 g) jar char siu Chinese barbecue sauce (Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 250 g medium-grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100 g diced ham
- 1 (200 g) can peeled baby prawns, drained (Admiral brand)
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Preheat grill on high. Combine the lamb and barbecue sauce in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until brown. Add the prawns, shallots and brown rice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place the lamb cutlets on a baking tray and cook under preheated grill, about 6cm from heat source, for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Spoon the fried brown rice among plates and top with lamb cutlets.