Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (450 g) packetthick fresh rice noodles
- peanut oil, to coat
- 3 red bird's eye chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 8 green medium prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100 g bean sprouts
- Cook the noodles following packet directions. Drain and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add a little oil and gently toss to coat the noodles.
- Place the chilli in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until finely crushed.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add the chilli and garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until prawns curl and change colour.
- Add the noodles, shallot, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until combined. Transfer the noodle mixture to a heatproof bowl. Add the egg to the wok and cook for 30 seconds. Return the noodle mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until egg is just set. Remove from heat. Add bean sprouts and combine. Serve.