- 6 large tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 bunches fresh basil, thinly sliced widthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Core tomatoes and slice widthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with some of the olive oil on one side and place over the grill until charred, about one minute.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining oil and vinegar then add the onion, cilantro and chives. Season to taste.
- Distribute tomatoes over 6 plates. Spoon dressing over the tomatoes; garnish with basil and serve.