A taste of Caribbean courtesy of Aisha. Posted for ZWT5. Check my recipes for the Jerked honey rum glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butternut squash, unpeeled cut into thick slices appox. 1 cm (1/2 inch)
- 1 recipe of jerked honey rum glaze
- salt and black pepper, as needed
- 1Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- 2Add the squash slices and when water returns to rolling boil, drain. Arrange in a single layer on a tea towel and pat dry.
- 3Grill over medium-hot coals, brushing with glaze and turning once until lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Char-Grilled Squash With Jerk Honey Rum Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: