My mom Jacky, who sometimes goes by her old nickname Chaqueta, makes this fruit salad in the summer that nobody can resist! I ate a giant bowl of it by myself when I was pregnant with my first son because it's just so good. This is a truly refreshing summertime treat with a tropical twist and a touch of sweet that any kid or adult can appreciate. This recipe makes a lot, so be careful... You may want to have some friends around to help you finish it! (Recipe can de doubled)
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed (we like seedless to avoid the hassle of deseeding while eating)
- 4 cups honeydews, cubed
- 4 cups cantaloupes, cubed
- 4 cups green grapes, separated from stems
- 4 cups mangoes, cubed (we sometimes add more because it's so yummy)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Coco Lopez
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk (optional)
- Put all of the fruits and coco lopez into a large bowl. You can add other fruits too. we've sometimes added coconut, strawberries, jicama, or whatever was on hand.
- Toss everything together and serve with sweetened condensed milk drizzled on top or on the side for dipping. (serve chilled for maximum flavor).