This recipe is taken from "Chapel Hill Favorites", published there in 1982. Cooking time is chilling time in the refrigerator.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked, peeled, & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- cracker, & toast rounds for serving
- shrimp, & cucumber rounds (to garnish)
- Blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, and garlic powder.
- Gently fold in the shrimp, chopped cucumber, & chopped onion.
- Chill for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, spread crackers or toast rounds with the spread, then garnish each with a cucumber round and a shrimp. This spread also makes a wonderful sandwich.