So titled because the presentation looks like a beautiful hat! From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. If you wish, substitute peas for the green beans and accent the "hat" with asparagus spears slipped into toast rings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cauliflower, cooked until just tender
- 1 lb green beans, cooked until just tender
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled and cooked until just tender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, buttered
- 1 cup mushroom, sauteed in butter
Almond Butter Sauce
- 1For the almond butter sauce: Melt butter; add lemon juice gradually and stir in ground almonds.
- 2Place cauliflower on center of a large tray or platter.
- 3Suround with green beans.
- 4Slice carrots into coins; butter and sprinkle mint or parsley.
- 5Surround green beans with carrots.
- 6Garnish platter with mushrooms.
- 7Brown buttered crumbs and spread over cauliflower.
- 8Place platter in an oven heated to 350F for ten minutes to heat vegetables.
- 9Serve with almond butter sauce or grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chapeau Vegetable Platter With Almond Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 227.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g