1/1 Photo of Chapchae (Noodles With Beef and Mixed Vegetables)
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #329119's Note:
From cookinglight. Chapchae is a Korean noodle dish. I think you can substitute the steak with other meats or seafood--it's mostly to add a little meaty flavor. * I use the sweet potato noodles for more authenticity in place of the bean thread noodles (I boil them for 5 minutes then rinse with cold water thoroughly). It takes a while to make this but it's really authentic and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces beef eye round, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or 2 teaspoons thai chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package uncooked bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 6 ounces mushrooms)
- 1 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1To prepare beef, sprinkle cornstarch over beef; toss to combine. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and next 4 ingredients (1 tablespoon soy sauce through 3 garlic cloves); toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove mixture from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- 3To prepare noodles, pour boiling water over noodles; let stand 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain. Snip noodles several times with kitchen shears.
- 4To prepare vegetables, wipe skillet or wok clean with paper towels. Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil and vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and 5 garlic cloves; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrot; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add half of spinach; stir-fry 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach; stir-fry 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low. Add beef mixture and noodles to pan, stirring well to combine. Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over noodle mixture; stir well to combine. Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chapchae (Noodles With Beef and Mixed Vegetables)
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 969.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: