From http://thesaripartygirl.multiply.com/ The amount of tepid water varies - sometimes you need more water, sometimes not so much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, salt and oil together.
- 2Add a little water as you knead your way to a good dough ball. Once the dough comes together, it should not be too wet or lumpy.
- 3Divide the dough into 2.
- 4Roll the dough into a ball, flatten it, then dip into extra flour.
- 5Roll it into a thin circle.
- 6Wrap the dough with cling wrap and put in a dry warm place for 30 minutes.
- 7Heat up a pan, toss roti from one hand to another to remove excess flour, then dry fry it.
- 8Using a spatula, beat the roti during cookingso as to make it puff up slightly.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chapati
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: