Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's my Oregonian variation on a traditional Korean dish. This is also good with zucchini (matchsticked) if you have any on hand. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces bean thread noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4 walla walla onion, cut into matchsticks (or other type of sweet onion will work too)
- 2 cups daikon radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut French style
- 10 cremini mushrooms, slivered (or whatever type of mushroom is fresh at the time)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced (I use the kind in the jar!)
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- Soak bean thread noodles through a few changes of hot water until tender (about 30 minutes and 3 changes).
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, and garlic in a bowl.
- Toss in all veggies except the green onion and make sure all are coated (add more soy and proportinal amount of sugar if necessary).
- Let mixture marinate for 15 minutes or longer.
- Heat oil in a wok or big skillet and cook green onion until just tender.
- Add marinated veggie mix to the wok or skillet and cook until just tender.
- Drain bean thread noodles and add to work or skillet - stir until heated. (Add sesame oil if they start to stick to the bottom or start to appear like they are drying out).
- Add a little salt to taste.
- Serve hot or chilled, with toasted sesame seeds generously sprinkled on top.