Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chewy rice cakes add texture and depth to this vegetarian stir-fry.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled finely chopped (2 inch)
- 3 ounces rice cakes, sliced 1/6 inch thick at an angle (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup canned bamboo shoot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small head napa cabbage, cored thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce (doubanjiang)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 ounces spinach
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat oil in a 14 inch wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (1 minute). Add rice cakes, bamboo and cabbage. Cook, until cabbage is wilted (4-5 minutes).
- Stir in soy sauces, chile-bean sauce and sugar. Cook until slightly thick (2-3 minutes). Stir in spinach, bean sprouts and sesame oil. Cook, stirring constantly, until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes more.