Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great way to use up leftovers and very versatile. Quick and easy comfort food. Serve with a salad and a vegetable for a great meal.
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup ham or 1 cup chicken or 1 cup turkey or 1 cup corned beef, in small dice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place mashed potatoes in a greased casserole.
- Top with ham or other meat of choice.
- Whip cream until firm and fold in the cheese.
- Spread over meat and potatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees.
Great side dish to almost anything!!I added a sprinkle of chives on top of the potato and some paprika on top of the cheese.I doubled the quantity in a baking dish and the family was looking for more!!(BTW,I used ham). Will definately be cooking this again!
A very good potato dish, MG. I mashed the potatoes with a little milk and butter to get them creamy. I used ham as the meat. Next time I will double the recipe because my husband ate half of it (ha-ha). Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was outstanding! I did not expect the flavor that emerged from the combination of ingredients. It was extremely flavorful, rich yet light.
I anticipate this becoming a weekly staple for sure. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!