Recipe by Pikake21
This is the recipe for the frosting which is used on Chantilly cakes and other yummy sweets like Cocoa Puffs in Hawai'i. So simple, not the most figure friendly topping, but definitely sooo good!
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut, and (optional) or 1 1⁄3 cups chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla in the top portion of a double boiler, or in a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, about 12 minutes, stirring constantly to keep the eggs from scrambling and the frosting from clumping.
- Remove from heat. Add coconut and/or nuts if desired. Cool, stirring occasionally, until thick enough to spread.
- Makes enough to frost a 9- by-13-inch cake or two 8-inch layers.