Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the classic, simple, sweetened whipped cream. I think it's the first thing I ever learned how to make as a kid. It's delicious with almost any dessert which calls for cream, as a filler for cakes, and mixed with fresh fruit for an easy dessert. Recipe can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled - just however much you need -keep the proportions of sugar and vanilla. You can use a liqueur instead of vanilla. It is easiest to make when the cream is very, very cold.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients.
- Using a hand whisk (balloon whisk) or electric whisk, beat the cream in a stainless steel or glass or china bowl (not plastic- doesn't seem to whip as well).
- It is whipped properly when it is still soft and billowy but holds its shape when the whisk is withdrawn.
- Once the cream is whipped, cover and store in the fridge.
- If it separates slightly, just rewhip to restore its thickness.
Very easy to make, and got rave reviews! I love this recipe!
This was very easy and tastes fantastic! I will never use that nasty processed Cool Whip stuff again. Thanks for sharing :)