Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
In the mood for a really good burger? Try this!
- 2 tablespoons light margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 lb chanterelle mushroom, stemmed & sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 6 large onion rolls or 6 large wheat hamburger buns
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- Heat 1 T margarine & 1 T oil in large skillet over medium-low flame.
- Add onions and cook 18 minutes, stirring often, until limp and deeply colored. Transfer onions to small bowl.
- Wipe out skillet, add remaining butter and olive oil and heat over medium-high.
- Cook mushrooms in oil mixture 5 minutes. Strin in rosemanry, salt, & pepper, then cook 5 minutes more until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in mustard and half & half; cook, stirring often, until thickened into sauce. Add onions.
- Season meat with more salt and pepper.
- Form into six large, 1-inch-thick patties. Heat large, cast iron skillet over medium-high flame for several minutes.
- Pan-grill to desired doneness, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Split buns in half and lightly toast. Serve burgers, topped with mushroom sauce, on toasted buns with dijon mustard.