Top Review by AmandaCCurry
This is amazing. I always eat this when I go to Austria in the summer and I was so happy to be able to make this. I couldn't find chanterelle so I used a mix of mushrooms (button, shiitake, chestnut) but otherwise didn't change anything at all. As suggested by the other reviewer I made the bread dumplings to go along with it. Amazing!
- 1 kg chanterelle mushroom
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon roasted paprika paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 250 ml vegetable broth (or 1 tsp. vegetable broth granules + water)
- 200 ml cream (or sour cream, or cream cheese)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean chanterelles (if possible avoid washing them) and chop roughly.
- Melt butter in a large pot or skillet and add chopped onion and garlic. Let fry until translucent.
- Add powdered sweet paprika and if using paprika paste. Stir. Be careful not to burn paprika powder as it tends to develop a bitter taste when burnt.
- Add chanterelles and let roast for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth (or granules and water).
- Add cream or alternatives and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add chopped parsley.