Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The regular channa masala, made to my taste
Make and share this Channa Masala My Way recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup kabuli channa
- 1 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons jaggery
- 1⁄2 cup potato (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 green chili pepper
- Soak channa overnight or a minimum of 8 hours
- Drain and Pressure cook until soft (4 to 5 whistles).
- Have the onion and tomato cut in 1 inch pieces.
- cut the ginger and garlic into medium size pieces.
- in a fry pan, add 2 tbsp oil and fry the onion garlic , green chili and ginger.
- when onion turns slightly brown add tomatoes.
- turn of gas and let it cool.
- grind it into a nice paste adding water and keep aside.
- in the fry pan add 2 tbsp of oil, and cumin seeds.
- add the grind paste and let it boil.
- add the turmeric powder, garam masala, chili powder, and salt.
- add the boiled channa, add the water if required, based on your desired consistency.
- you can add boiled and cubed potatoes if you like or leave it.
- let it simmer for 5 mts as the gravy thickens.
- wash and chop the coriander leaves and add just as you turn of the gas.
- mix well and serve hot with roti or jeera rice.