Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The regular channa masala, made to my taste
Make and share this Channa Masala My Way recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup kabuli channa
- 1 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons jaggery
- 1⁄2 cup potato (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 green chili pepper
- Soak channa overnight or a minimum of 8 hours
- Drain and Pressure cook until soft (4 to 5 whistles).
- Have the onion and tomato cut in 1 inch pieces.
- cut the ginger and garlic into medium size pieces.
- in a fry pan, add 2 tbsp oil and fry the onion garlic , green chili and ginger.
- when onion turns slightly brown add tomatoes.
- turn of gas and let it cool.
- grind it into a nice paste adding water and keep aside.
- in the fry pan add 2 tbsp of oil, and cumin seeds.
- add the grind paste and let it boil.
- add the turmeric powder, garam masala, chili powder, and salt.
- add the boiled channa, add the water if required, based on your desired consistency.
- you can add boiled and cubed potatoes if you like or leave it.
- let it simmer for 5 mts as the gravy thickens.
- wash and chop the coriander leaves and add just as you turn of the gas.
- mix well and serve hot with roti or jeera rice.