I had this in the afternoon one day, it was something light and refreshing to have for lunch, but was told that in Colombia, people have this for breakfast. I think, it's great, any time of the day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the scallions and cilantro into small pieces.
- 2In a stockpot add the water, milk and salt.
- 3When the soup boils, crack the eggs and add them carefully to the soup without breaking the yolk.
- 4Cover the pot and let it boil for one minute.
- 5Place at the bottom of each soup dish one teaspoon of scallions and coriander and, from the pot, carefully place one cooked egg.
- 6Then add the boiling broth.
- 7Serve the soup with bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Changua - a Colombian Breakfast Dish
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 203.0 mg
- Sodium 263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g