Recipe by rainna
I had this in the afternoon one day, it was something light and refreshing to have for lunch, but was told that in Colombia, people have this for breakfast. I think, it's great, any time of the day.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 2 stalks scallions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 4 slices toasted bread, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the scallions and cilantro into small pieces.
- In a stockpot add the water, milk and salt.
- When the soup boils, crack the eggs and add them carefully to the soup without breaking the yolk.
- Cover the pot and let it boil for one minute.
- Place at the bottom of each soup dish one teaspoon of scallions and coriander and, from the pot, carefully place one cooked egg.
- Then add the boiling broth.
- Serve the soup with bread.