Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had this in the afternoon one day, it was something light and refreshing to have for lunch, but was told that in Colombia, people have this for breakfast. I think, it's great, any time of the day.
- Chop the scallions and cilantro into small pieces.
- In a stockpot add the water, milk and salt.
- When the soup boils, crack the eggs and add them carefully to the soup without breaking the yolk.
- Cover the pot and let it boil for one minute.
- Place at the bottom of each soup dish one teaspoon of scallions and coriander and, from the pot, carefully place one cooked egg.
- Then add the boiling broth.
- Serve the soup with bread.
I also put potato In my changua! My family loves it we are from bogota Colombia..
This is my boyfriend's favorite, but I do it slightly differently than the recipe says. I boil the water with salt, scallion stalks and chopped cilantro, then I added the milk and let it boil. After about a minute of it boiling, I dropped the eggs in and let cook until hard. Before serving, I remove the scallions and add extra chopped cilantro to add to the bowl for extra flavor.
When I made this I figured it would be a little bland so I added some chile sauce, minced onion and peas. Easy to do and not bad either. It was still a bit bland (so I added more hot sauce to mine) and great for a fast quick meal (I had it for dinner!!) Thanks rainna