Recipe by p.dawne
A different take on SHEPHERD'S pie. I have had many requests for this from family and friends.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 6 medium potatoes, mashed with
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar to sprinkle on top potato
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat-drain.
- Add onions, garlic-cook until soft Add seasonings and cook a few minutes.
- Add flour and milk - simmer 2-4 minutes.add tomatoes and bread crumbs. Add corn and peas.
- Spread evenly in 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mash boiled potatoes and add butter,milk cheese,salt and pepper.
- Pipe potatoes on top and sprinkle with extra grated cheddar,.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.