Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy recipe for chana masala was made up in my second year of university and is my go-to for a hearty, healthy and FAST meal. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 0.5 (24 ounce) can diced tomatoes, partly drained
- 1 onion, minced
- garlic, minced (as much as you like!)
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Saute as much garlic you like (I put in lots because I love garlic- usually 6 or 7 cloves) on medium heat. After about 1 minute, mix in the onion and brown onion and garlic together until soft.
- Once softened, mix in rest of ingredients and mix together thoroughly. Heat until bubbling and taste test for curry. If it isn't flavorful enough, add more! This recipe is very flexible and sometimes I throw in broccoli or cauliflower just for kicks.
- I usually pair with the raisin rice in my recipes, feel free to give both a try and make dinner in less than 20 minutes for both the rice and masala.