Recipe by roja khan
my fav halwa
Top Review by The Kitchen Princess
This is definately a keeper. The guests came in the kitchen late at night asking if there was more. All in all it turned out great. The only thing I would suggest is a clearer explanation on step 3. (I used regular sugar. and regular dry milk)
- 150 g split yellow lentils (Chana Lentils)
- 50 g low calorie sweetener
- 100 g nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 10 g almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dish soak the chana lentils for atleast 1 hour. Add 4 cups of water to it and cook it in the pan until it is soft. Set it aside and let it cool.
- heat the oil add the boiled chana lentils with water and milk powder. When it starts boiling add the sugar. Keep stirring until it turns dark brown. When all of the water evaporates, it will come to a soft consistency. Garnish with almonds.