Recipe by Mme M
This is a traditionally a wedding drink. Serve this thick, yummy drink hot with whipped cream. Use brown or white sugar.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the evaporated milk and water to nearly boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in a mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup water.
- Add cocoa mixture to the milk mixture and blend well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Bring it to a low, bubbly boil.
- Serve in mugs. Sprinkle with nutmeg.