1/2 Photos of Champurrado With Honey (Mexican Hot Chocolate)
This recipe for Champurrado uses canela (cinnamon), Mexican chocolate, masa dough, milk and honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add cinnamon, Mexican chocolate and two cups of water to a stock pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until chocolate melts.
- 2In a separate bowl mix the corn dough with a cup of water until smooth. Pour corn mixture into the hot chocolate, stirring constantly.
- 3Add the milk and honey to the pot, let it simmer over low heat, stirring frequently until the milk thickens, being careful not to let milk burn. Champurrado should be the consistency of heavy cream, if yours it too thick, just add more milk.
- 4For authenticity; froth the mixture with a Mexican Molinillo prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champurrado With Honey (Mexican Hot Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 69.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: