Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Champlin's is one of the many Rhode Island seafood restaurants that serve this salad. If made correctly, this is very good. I love it! My Dad makes a great snail salad!!
- 4 cups thinly sliced cooked snails (see Note) or 4 cups conch (see Note)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large boston lettuce leaves
- lemon wedge
- In a large bowl, combine the conch, olive oil, Italian herbs, carrots, celery, red onion, bell pepper and garlic. Toss together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Spoon the salad onto a bed of lettuce, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
- NOTE: Champlin's restaurant buys their conch in cans, already sliced, from Rome Seafood in Boston. Champlin's retail seafood market under the restaurant often sells whole cooked snails, which you should slice paper thin before using.