Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A recipe from the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council that makes plain old hot dogs special.
- 8 slice bacon
- 340.19 g beer
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 118.29 ml spicy brown mustard
- 118.29 ml diced sweet onion
- 118.29 ml sliced bell peppers, diced or 118.29 ml sweet pepper, strips diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon over medium-low heat until crispy. Drain on clean paper towels. Crumble cooked bacon.
- Bring beer to a boil in an 8- to 10-inch skillet (large enough to hold hot dogs in a single layer). Add hot dogs to boiling beer. Immediately reduce heat and simmer hot dogs for about 4 to 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 160 degrees F is reached.
- Place hot dogs in buns and top with 1 tablespoon each of mustard, onions, peppers and bacon.