Recipe by Nikki Kate
My DH and brothers when crazy for these cookies. But who can resist Snickers Candy Bars chopped into a cookie!! I'm not even sure where I found this recipe.
Top Review by AlaskaStephanie
Delicious. One of the only things I'd sacrifice two Snickers bars for! But, they're a little tricky. I found that underbaking (10 minutes for me) kept them chewy, but made them tough to get off the cookie sheet without falling apart. I finally let them sit on the sheet for two minutes after coming out of the oven, then removed them to a sheet of paper towel on the counter. Then, before the melted Snickers stuck to the paper, I moved them to my wire racks. Perfect. Just fussy.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shrtening and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the cramed mixture.
- Stir in chopped candy bars and oats.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.