Recipe by ckmclements
This recipe, taken from a 1988 Ladies' Home Journal, won me a blue ribbon at the county fair when I was a teenager.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixer bowl cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chips and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until just golden (although my note on the recipe states 9-10 minutes, so watch the first batch!).
- Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.