Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the book Food Men Love with a few alterations
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips or 2 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips or 2 1⁄2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With electric mixer, beat butter, margarine and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, spices and salt and mix well.
- Blend together flour, baking soda and powder. Tap flour mixture into creamed mix and mix low speed. With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop and indent each mound with a finger lightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until tiny cracks form on top and are golden in colour.