Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Recipe from Compassion Over Cruelty website. Sounds like a great vegan chili, full of fiber-full veggies and fulfilling meal either by itself or served over rice or pasta.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup dry textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- Pour the boiling water over the TVP and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients except the beans.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the beans and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
the seasonings wernt very flavorful i had to add more spices.. the outcome was good though. loved the veggies