Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not quite sure where this got it's name but it's definitely a winner in my book! Comforting and filling, you can't go wrong.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces medium width egg noodles
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 -2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan and brown the meat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles for 7 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Beat the cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Add the green onions and noodles.
- Pour the noodle mixture into the casserole dish and top with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 30 minutes.
Very good and easy to make. I made this at my brother's house, he has 4 kids and it all was eaten up that night. A definate keeper! I might, maybe add i more 8 oz can of tomato sauce just to make it juicier, other than that it is very good!
I've made this a couple times and the whole family loves it. It's good the next day as well. I did make a couple changes to the recipe, though. First, I cut the salt to a tsp. as it was way to salty the first time I made it and I didn't even use a whole tbsp. Second, instead of 2 lbs. of ground beef, I used 1.3 lbs. of ground turkey. Oh, and we never use the amount of garlic called for in recipes. We always double it, at least. Big fans of garlic here. I think we used 3 garlic cloves in this recipe. It was fantastic!
Delish! I halved this and used light sour cream, lite cream cheese and browned the beef without butter. I also added a little black pepper to the noodle mixture and used just 1/2 tsp salt. Other than those adjustments, I didn't change a thing. Next time I may try adding some spices to the sauce, though I really liked it as is. I made a similar recipe recently and I liked the green onions in this one which that one did not have. Thanks for the recipe! -Mar 27, 2009. Update: I made this again and decided to play around a little this time. I replaced the beef with a can of black beans (for half recipe) - cooked the tomato sauce & seasoning then added beans after 15 min - and added 1/2 tsp italian seasoning & a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce. Also used jack cheese instead of cheddar. It was soooo good! This is a great recipe and I will be making it again, both the original and my variation. Thanks again for the recipe! ~May 17, 2009. Update (again!): Love this recipe! Made last night with the ground beef and cheddar and added the italian seasoning and pepper(s) as I did last time. Sooooo good! Thank you thank you thank you! :)