Recipe by momaphet
A typical recipe found at any Tapas Bar. This is flavorful and goes perfectly with good crusty bread and a glass of wine. Be sure and have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go in the pan.
Top Review by mama smurf
This was a wonderful and easy appetizer to serve along with Recipe#374335#347335 and recipe#369734#369734 and one I will make again this holiday season. Great flavors and wonderful on toasted bread.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Spanish preferred)
- 1⁄2 lb medium mushroom, stemmed, quartered
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (DO NOT use cooking sherry!)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Saute the mushrooms for about 1 minute, add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more being careful not to burn!
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the parsley and lemon slices and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley. Serve with lemon slices. Scoop the mushrooms onto your bread and enjoy!