1/3 Photos of Champinones Al Ajillo ( Garlic Mushrooms)
An American in Spain's Note:
This is a classical Spanish tapa served all over Spain. Although my recipe is original, it is authentic as I have constantly revised it duplicating the flavors and consistency I have had in the best tapas bars. This can be made in any oven proof dish, I recommend a "cazuela" (terra cotta dish). Although difficult to find, it can be purchased online through "www.tienda.com".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the mushrooms in the oven proof ceramic dish, approximately 6-8 inches in diameter and at least 1 inch high.
- 2Add garlic slices and cover with oil.
- 3Pour lemon juice over the mushrooms.
- 4Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 5If the dish can be used on the stove burner, heat on top of stove over medium high heat for about 6 minutes until the oil is bubbly and the mushrooms are cooked.
- 6If dish can not be used directly on the burner, place under the broiler in the oven and broil until the oil is bubbly and the mushrooms are cooked (about 6 minutes after the oil starts to bubble) Serve with crispy french bread for dipping in the heated garlic oil.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champinones Al Ajillo ( Garlic Mushrooms)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g