Recipe by An American in Spain
This is a classical Spanish tapa served all over Spain. Although my recipe is original, it is authentic as I have constantly revised it duplicating the flavors and consistency I have had in the best tapas bars. This can be made in any oven proof dish, I recommend a "cazuela" (terra cotta dish). Although difficult to find, it can be purchased online through "www.tienda.com".
Top Review by Bergy
Very tasty - I like the lemon with the mushrooms. I cut way back on the oil and did the whole recipe in a skillet. Lovely compliment to brunch Thanks An American in Spain for posting
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 12 medium mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mushrooms in the oven proof ceramic dish, approximately 6-8 inches in diameter and at least 1 inch high.
- Add garlic slices and cover with oil.
- Pour lemon juice over the mushrooms.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- If the dish can be used on the stove burner, heat on top of stove over medium high heat for about 6 minutes until the oil is bubbly and the mushrooms are cooked.
- If dish can not be used directly on the burner, place under the broiler in the oven and broil until the oil is bubbly and the mushrooms are cooked (about 6 minutes after the oil starts to bubble) Serve with crispy french bread for dipping in the heated garlic oil.