Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from House and Garden's New Cookbook.
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons minced clams, drained
- ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove mushrooms stems and mince finely. Reserve stems and caps.
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute onions until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushroom stems and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes.
- Add clams, salt, pepper, nutmeg and parsley, and mix well.
- Remove and let cool.
- Brush mushroom caps with melted butter and arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Divide clam mixture among mushroom caps.
- Drizzle with a little more melted butter.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown.