Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tasty appetizer came from my mother's college roommate. She was a high school languages teacher and had a passion for things with a French flair.
- 10 slices white bread
- 1 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 tablespoons shallots
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- sour cream
- Cook mushrooms and shallots in 1/4 cup butter.
- Add lemon juice and cook until dry.
- Roll bread between 2 sheets of waxed paper until very thin.
- Trim off crusts.
- Butter bread and spread on small amount of sour cream.
- Put filling across one end.
- Butter outside of rolls.
- (You can freeze at this point).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cut in half.