Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From elle magazine, if using salted anchovy soak in fresh water for 2 hours before use. Wonderful on toast for breakfast, or side dish with steak.
- 750 g button mushrooms
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint sprig
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley sprigs
- Trim stalks of mushrooms and if small leave whole, otherwise cut in half or quarters according to size.
- Heat oil in heavy pan and gently cook the mushrooms.
- after 5 mins season with pepper and add the anchovy fillets, mint and lemon juice.
- cook until liquid is reduced.
- sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Excellent! Had this with a steak--perfect complement. We are anchovy lovers so this was right up our street---but the touch of mint was a super addition.