Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Mushrooms marinated in seasoned white wine and lemon juice. From "Classic French Cooking" by Elisabeth Luard. Goes very well with a nice pan-seared steak! Note that the "Cooking Time" for this recipe is only the marinating time. This must be made in advance, but there is very little work involved.
- 1 lb button mushroom, very fresh
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Combine remaining ingredients into a saucepan and cook until alcohol smell is gone.
- Combine all ingredients into a dish to marinate and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
Easy and tasty! I don't care for vinegary marinated mushrooms, so these really were a hit with me. Very subtle flavors, which actually let the earthiness of the mushrooms come through. Great on a salad. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.