1/1 Photo of Champignon Salat Mit Ei (German Mushroom & Egg Salad)
(Translation: Mushroom Salad with Egg.) This is an authentic modern German recipe I acquired while living in Germany. It is very pretty for a dinner party and is light and refreshing tasting. I translated this from a German version I found in "Kochen und Geneissen" magazine. I made my salad with the rocket leaves, which have a nutty, peppery taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon German mustard or 1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g fresh rocket (arugula) or 50 g watercress
- cooked bacon, crumbled, as a garnish (optional)
- 1Set out four serving plates.
- 2Divide the rocket leaves into four bundles and place them on each plate.
- 3Divide the sliced mushrooms into four portions and place each atop the rocket leaves, making a cross shape on each plate.
- 4Sprinkle chopped egg over the mushrooms.
- 5Whisk together (or use a blender) the dressing ingredients (vinegar, mustard, sugar, and oil) adding salt& pepper to taste.
- 6Whisk in some of the snipped chives and the onions.
- 7Drizzle over each salad right before serving.
- 8Garnish with crumbled cooked bacon and remaining chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Champignon Salat Mit Ei (German Mushroom & Egg Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar